I’ve got so many over ripe bananas to use up!!! So I started yesterday by making a banana loaf cake. This is a lovely, squidgy cake and the chocolate chips taste so great in it.
I use the @lakelanduk loaf tin liners which mean it never sticks in the tin 🙌
3 very ripe bananas
160g cooking margarine
80g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 160oC/gas mark 3.
2. Line a 450g loaf tin with greaseproof paper. (I use Lakeland loaf tin liners to save time).
3. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
4. Whisk in the sugar and margarine.
5. Slowly whisk in the eggs, flour and vanilla.
6. Next stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Pour into the loaf tin.
8. Bake for 1hr 15mins.