Homemade oven chips 😍 This is my husband’s recipe for the delicious chips he makes, they are cooked in the oven in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt once cooked. Crispy on the outside and light and fluffy in the middle.
1) Preheat the oven to 200oC. Put a baking tin in the oven to heat up.
2) Cut the potatoes into chips (don’t peel them). Put the chips in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as they start to boil, turn off the heat and drain.
3) Pop them back in the pan and quickly toss in olive oil. Then pour the chips into the heated baking tin and spread out. (Be careful here as they will spit and sizzle on hitting the hot baking tin.)
4) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning over half way through cooking.
5) When cooked, sprinkle with crushed sea salt and enjoy 🤤