Meatfree Monday dinner last night. This should have been a Tom Kerridge recipe from my new cookbook but I didn’t want to waste the creme fraiche I had opened for the sweet potato mash on Sunday so I ended up doing my own take on his recipe!
Morrison’s frozen butternut squash is brilliant just to grab out of the freezer and pop straight into the oven. No peeling and cutting required! I actually cooked it the day before and left it in the fridge which made cooking a bit quicker last night.
The panko breadcrumbs were so convenient and really crisp on top.
Morrisons frozen butternut squash
300g pasta, I used casareccia
200ml creme fraiche
30g Parmesan finely grated
3 sage leaves finely chopped
50g panko breadcrumbs
1. Heat the oven to 220oC/Fan 200oC/Gas 7.
2. Cook the butternut squash in the oven with a little olive oil.
3. Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
4. Blend 3/4 of the squash with the creme fraiche and Parmesan.
5. Drain the pasta (save a little of the water) and pop back in the pan.
6. Stir in the sauce and season. Add some of the pasta water to loosen.
7. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
8. Sprinkle over the remaining butternut squash, sage and breadcrumbs.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.