I saw a photo of this dish on an instagrammers page last week and I’ve fancied making it ever since. I’ve found numerous recipes and combined lots of ideas to create this dish. It was really delicious- crispy chicken and a lovely rich red wine sauce. I’ll definitely make it again- a hit with the whole family.
8 chicken thighs (skin on)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 glass red wine
200ml chicken stock
3 sprigs fresh thyme
10 black olives
400g chopped tomatoes
1) Preheat oven to 180oC (fan)
2) Put the salt and pepper on a plate with the plain flour. Toss the chicken thighs in this mix to coat them.
3) Fry the chicken thighs in the olive oil until golden (a few minutes each side).
4) Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
5) Fry the onion and peppers until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Season.
6) Keep the heat high and add the red wine. Boil for 2 minutes. Then add the stock. Boil for a further minute.
7) Add the tomatoes, olives and thyme.
8) Place the chicken on top and move to the oven. Do not cover and cook for 30 minutes.
9) Serve with spaghetti tossed in olive oil and black pepper.